Come Work For Us – Careers
In the next few years, the over 65 year old’s will outnumber the under 15 year old’s which will be a first in Australia. Aged care is a growing industry that will continue its growth over at least the next two decades. People are living longer and with this trend, the need for flexible aged care options will be in demand. A career as an aged care worker is rewarding with an abundance of opportunities in the industry today and in the future.
At St Louis, we foster an atmosphere of nurturing and connection with family values that are maintained by staff, residents and clients alike.
We have one of the lowest turnovers of staff in the industry and a high percentage of our staff have been with us for many years. We run our business based on four values.
which we demonstrate and live by when communicating with our with staff, clients, residents and our partners.
We attribute our high staff satisfaction levels to the following reasons:
- Our residents, clients and staff are part of the St Louis family and we promote a strong sense of belonging.
- We offer training to update and improve skills, so our staff become the best carers they can be.
- We encourage career growth, from carer to enrolled nurse, registered nurse and home care coordinator.
- Our staff feel empowered to make decisions that support their clients better.
- Our staff are supported and trained by highly experienced managers.
- We are South Australian, so our focus will only ever be in our local city and state.
- We promote work-life balance and ensure our staff are coping well with the demands of their work and their personal lives.
- Wellbeing at work is important to us with an open door policy encouraging people to discuss their concerns or to suggest better ways of delivering our service.
Further topics of interest about a career in aged care
Want to find out more about a career in aged care at Victor Harbor?
Call the St Louis team on 08 8552 1481 to discuss a career in aged care or positions open in the team. We look forward to hearing from you.