Home care fees are either subsidised though the government or they can be privately funded.
Home care packages subsidised by the government
The Australian Government Aged Care Assessment Team (ACAT) will do an assessment with you to determine whether you are eligible for a subsidised package. The St Louis home care team can help to coordinate this. If you're eligible, your ACAT Assessment will allocate the level of package you're entitled to.
Due to the waiting list for home care packages, you may be offered a lower level package than the one you have been approved for to help you get started earlier. If this happens call us 83320950 to help you understand if it is in your interests to take up the offer of a lower level package.
- Level 1 and 2 are considered low care packages
- Level 3 and 4 are considered high-care packages
The fees for a home care package are as follows:
- The basic daily fee is set by the government and adds to the value of the home care package funding, and maybe charged depending on your circumstance. The amount is adjusted twice a year in line with pension reviews and is specific to the Level of package you receive. It is approximately $10 per day.
- The income-tested care fee is applicable to part pensioners and self-funded retirees. If you are required to contribute this fee, how much you pay is determined through a formal income assessment by the Department of Human Services. There are annual and lifetime limits on how much you can be asked to pay. The income tested fee applicable can be anywhere from $1 to $30.86/day.
- Full pensioners do not pay an income tested fee.
- Additional fees – this is any other amount you have agreed to pay for extra care and services that are not covered by your Home Care Package.
Home care that is privately funded
If you’re not eligible for a home care package, you can still access St Louis Home Care services as a privately funded client through St Louis’ Lifestyle Programme.
St Louis’ lifestyles provides support on an as-needs basis. You’re only charged for the services you receive, from simple tasks such as helping with the shopping, cooking and gardening, to more complex support such as 24 hour care to keep you living at home.
You don't need an ACAT assessment to receive home care support through St Louis Lifestyles and there are no eligibility criteria or waiting lists. We can start delivering the services you need as soon as you need them.